COVID-19: Library changes and support
Cline Library is here to provide the services and resources you need during rapidly changing times. Please check this page regularly for information, updates, and changes related to COVID-19.
For the most recent NAU updates, visit the Jacks are Back page.
Hours and Building Access
- View today’s library hours.
- Building access is limited to current NAU and CCC students, faculty, and staff. Bring your JacksCard or CCC ID to access the library. Need help with your access to the building? Call (928) 523-2173.
Expectations for Library Users
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of the NAU community.
- No individual should enter the Library if they are ill or believe they may be getting ill.
- Face masks or cloth face coverings must be worn by all students, faculty, staff and visitors in Cline Library. Learn more at LumberJack Responsibilities.
- All individuals in the library must practice physical distancing and remain at least six feet from others. Learn more at LumberJack Responsibilities.
- Violations of the Lumberjack Responsibilities in Cline Library can be reported:
- Via chat
- By calling (928) 523-2173
- In person at the Ask Us Desk
Library staff will submit a COVID-19 violation report for any cases of non-compliance.
- Ask questions via chat, phone, or email.
- Learn about services for online students.
- Make an online appointment with a subject librarian.
- Get assistance from an archivist via the Special Collections and Archives page.
- Get updates from NAU’s Academic Success Centers.
- Find technology support.
- Faculty: See our guide on library support for faculty teaching online.
- Faculty: Use the Course Reserves form to request digitization of book chapters, articles, or streaming media (audio and video) and placement of the content in your BbLearn course.
Borrowing & Returning
- Check My Library Account for due dates.
- Use Document Delivery Services to request materials not owned by Cline Library.
- Use Quick Search to find Cline Library materials that are available online. Limit your search results to the “View Only” option of “full text online” to identify online-only resources. Limit your search further by selecting “Books” as “Material Type” to identify ebooks.
- Search our subject databases if you are unable to find what you need in Quick Search.
- Find research guides by course (ex: ENG 105, CCJ 480C, HS 404).
- Find research guides by subject (ex: Business Research, Engineering Research, Environmental Science Research).
- Use a How Do I…? guide to get help refining a topic, finding books, citing sources and more. Browse our FAQs.
Cline Library’s COVID-19 Response
Among the many actions Cline Library has taken in response to COVID-19:
- Limited access to the library building to current NAU and CCC students, faculty and staff. We look forward to welcoming our community users back in the future.
- Required face masks or cloth face coverings to be worn in the library building.
- Provided a mediated self-checkout option.
- Installed breathe-guards at the Ask Us! Desk and Special Collections and Archives Desk.
- Limited access to classrooms, studios, and group study rooms and increased the availability of individual study rooms.
- Modified study spaces and computer access throughout the building to facilitate physical distancing.
- Expanded cleaning measures for public computers, door handles in high-traffic locations, and other “high touch” surfaces.
- Shifted to conducting reference interactions, library instruction, and consultations online or by phone instead of face to face.