Document delivery services
Borrowing from other libraries
If Cline Library doesn’t have the item you need, we can request it from another library. This is a free service for NAU and CCC students, faculty, and staff.
What items can I request? How long does it take?Accordion Closed
|Item:||Typically available in:|
|Book Chapters||2 days|
|Dissertation or Thesis||7-10 days|
|Media Item (film, music, audio recordings)||7-10 days|
|Other items||Contact Library|
Search in WorldCat for books, movies, and other materials in library catalogs around the world.
How do I access the requested items?Accordion Closed
Articles and book chapters
An email will be sent to you when the item has been received. Use the view requests menu on the right-hand side of your DDS account page.
Books and other physical items
Books and other physical items will be shipped either to the Cline library main desk or to an address, depending on your distance from the Flagstaff mountain campus. Go to your account and choose a pickup location. Options include:
- Cline library main desk: available to individuals residing less than 30 miles from the Flagstaff mountain campus
- home delivery: available to NAU faculty, staff, and students residing more than 30 miles from the Flagstaff mountain campus (enter mailing address and phone number for delivery)
How long can items be used?Accordion Closed
Articles and book chapters
Available online in your DDS account for 60 days. Downloaded items can be kept indefinitely.
Books and loaned materials
The due date is on the cover sheet attached to the item. You can also view the due date in your account. Due dates are set by the lending library.
Can I renew an item?
When you pick up a book or other loaned item, the cover sheet will indicate if it can be renewed. Plan to request a renewal at least 10 days before the item is due.
- go to your DDS account
- click on my books, media, & dissertations under view requests
- select the transaction number for the item you want renewed
- select renew request
We’ll notify you by email if the renewal was approved or denied.
Until you receive approval, you are responsible for returning the item by the due date.
Contact us if you have not received a response by the due date.
Where do I return items?Accordion Closed
Return items to Cline library’s main desk or book drop.
Online users and those residing more than 30 miles from the Flagstaff mountain campus should use the provided shipping label to return materials at no charge.
Why was my request denied?Accordion Closed
Item requests may be denied for a number of reasons. Some possible reasons are:
- there were not any libraries willing to lend out the item
- there wasn’t enough information provided to fulfill the request
- the item is available at Cline library
To find out why your request was not completed contact DDS