Reserve a long-term space
We offer carrels and lockers which can be reserved for a semester or longer. Review the policies below before requesting a carrel or locker.
NAU Faculty can request carrels.
Availability Accordion Open
- Due to high demand, wait times for carrels can take up to a year or more.
- If a carrel is not available at the time of your request, your information will automatically be placed on the waitlist.
- Users can renew faculty carrels two times. Those who have exceeded the renewal limit will be added to the waitlist.
Guidelines Accordion Closed
- Keep the floor and counter clean and clear of debris.
- No electronic appliances or open flames. Examples include candles, incense, coffee makers and electric kettles. Lamps and laptop computers are permitted.
- Do not store any perishable food or drink items in your carrel. Non-perishable food must be sealed in a plastic, glass, or metal container.
- Never block the window or door.
- A light must be on in the carrel when it is in use.
- All Cline Library materials must be checked out to a person using the carrel. Non-circulating items, such as periodicals, may not be stored in carrels.
Maintenance Accordion Closed
- The Ask Us! Desk should be contacted immediately for maintenance issues.
- Library staff will audit carrels periodically in order to ensure that all Cline Library materials are appropriately checked out and that all other usage guidelines are being followed.
- There is a $35 replacement fee for lost carrel keys.