Providing a replacement for library books & media
Depending on the item, you may be able to significantly reduce the replacement cost by purchasing an acceptable replacement item yourself and paying a processing fee.
If you need help with replacing library equipment such as cameras or laptops, Ask Us.
Provide an acceptable replacement
- if the item is available for purchase, provide a brand new copy of the same edition in the same format.
- if you can’t find a new copy, provide a used copy in “Used-Very Good” or “Used-Like New” condition as described by Amazon’s Condition Guidelines.
- if the same edition of an item is no longer available, provide a more recent edition of the item
Items we are unable to accept
- materials with highlighting, writing, water damage, mold, or torn pages and/or cover
- materials with spine damage or otherwise showing signs of heavy use
- materials that have been withdrawn from another collection and/or have library stamps
Pay the fee
A $25 fee per item (up to $125 maximum) is due when you deliver the item to Cline Library’s Ask Us desk. This fee covers the costs of cataloging, labeling, and other processing required before the item can be placed in the library’s collection. You can pay by check, money order, or credit/debit card
If you have questions about locating a replacement copy, paying the fee, or your library account, Ask Us.