Providing a replacement for library books & media
Options for paying for, or replacing, Cline Library material
Depending on the item, you may be able to significantly reduce the replacement fee by providing an acceptable replacement item and paying a processing fee. Inquiries regarding replacing library equipment including cameras and laptops should be directed to the main desk by calling (928) 523-2173 or by email.
Step 1: Provide an acceptable replacement
If the item is still availableAccordion Closed
- if the item is still available:
- provide a brand new copy of the same edition in the same format.
- if the item is still available but you can’t find a new copy:
- provide a used copy in “Used-Very Good” or “Used-Like New” condition as described by Amazon’s Condition Guidelines.
If the item is unavailableAccordion Closed
- if the same edition of an item is no longer available:
- provide a brand new item that is in the same format as the original – just a more recent edition.
- if a brand new item of a more recent edition in the same format is no longer available:
- provide a format that is available.
- if you can’t find an item that is brand new but is of the same format:
- provide a used copy in “Used-Very Good” condition as described by Amazon’s Condition Guidelines.
Items we are unable to acceptAccordion Closed
- materials with highlighting, writing, water damage, mold, or torn pages and/or cover
- materials with spine damage or otherwise showing signs of heavy use
- materials that have been withdrawn from another collection and/or have library stamps
Step 2: Pay the fee
How much is it?Accordion Closed
A $25 fee per item (up to $125 maximum) is due when you deliver the item to Cline Library’s main desk. The fee covers the costs of cataloging, labeling, and other processing required before the item can be placed in the library’s collection.
How do I pay the fee?Accordion Closed
Pay the fee by check, money order or credit/debit card when you deliver the replacement item to Cline Library’s main desk.