Virtual Reality Learning Studio
What is the Virtual Reality (VR) Learning Studio? Accordion Open
The VR Learning Studio is a place to learn and explore in immersive environments using the latest virtual reality technologies. Explore the vast mountain range of the Himalayas, manipulate methane’s molecular structure or watch a 360 video documentary about the Earth’s polar ice melting. The VR learning studio is a place to ignite your imagination and discover the worlds around us.
How can I use it? Accordion Closed
NAU/CCC Students, faculty, and staff may reserve one of the three consoles online. The first time you schedule a console and come to pick up the key at the Ask Us! Desk, you will complete a quick (under 10 minute) training and then be ready to jump into virtual worlds and use the many applications at your disposal. Large monitors in and outside of the studio give you the option to share your immersive experience with others to enjoy.
VR Equipment Accordion Closed
The VR Learning Studio features:
- Three consoles including Oculus Rift headsets which run off advanced graphical workstations.
- Each machine is connected to a 40” flat screen monitor for spectator viewing.
- Theater quality audio and ambient LED lighting create a stunning experience for VR users and spectators alike!
VR Apps Accordion Closed
Tilt Brush VR
Waltz of the Wizard
Science and Technology
Space Station Tour VR
Overview a walk through the Universe
CHEMVR (IVR LAB)
The People’s House
Google Earth VR
Hold The World
Apollo 11 VR HD
Anne Frank House VR
Mars Is A Real Place
Sports & Games
Policies Accordion Closed
- The VR Learning Studio is available to NAU/CCC students, faculty, and staff
- All users will receive a brief orientation to the technology prior to their first VR Learning Studio reservation.
- Individual consoles within the lab can be booked for a total of 2 hours per day.
- Don’t move equipment or cables inside of the VR Learning Studio.
- Don’t install, modify, or delete any software on the AR/VR Studio computers.
Safety Accordion Closed
- Each console is equipped with a lockable storage locker for the safety of your belongings.
- Be aware of your surroundings and stay within the boundary grid during use as this is a shared space.
- It’s important to give yourself a 10 to 15 minute break every 30 minutes (even if you don’t think you need it).
- If you feel dizziness, nausea, eye strain, headache, or other adverse sensations, stop and remove the helmet, and sit down if appropriate.
- Consult your doctor before using the VR equipment if you have a pre-existing medical condition (e.g. heart ailment, anxiety disorders, or PTSD).