The library’s three production studios offer specialized hardware and software for recording and editing multimedia projects. These production studios can accommodate between two to four students at one time. The library’s Ask Us! desk also offers audiovisual recording equipment for checkout. To learn more about audio production, visit our training guide.
These studios are ideal for: recording audio, editing multimedia projects with advanced software, reviewing your project as a small group.
Virtual Studio Tour (video) Tab Open
How can I access the Studio? Tab Closed
What equipment is in the Studio? Tab Closed
How do I use the Studio? Tab Closed
How can I access the Studio? Accordion Closed
The Production Studios are located in rooms 142, 143, and 144 on the first floor of the Cline Library, adjacent to the Student Technology Center. NAU and CCC students, staff, and faculty are permitted to reserve a Production Studio for up to two hours per day.
Visit our online scheduler to reserve a Studio today.
What equipment is in the Studio? Accordion Closed
- 27″ iMac desktop/Dell PC
- Rode microphones
- Advanced editing software
- Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Blender
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe Premiere Pro and iMovie (video editing)
- Adobe Audition and Audacity (audio editing)
*Production Studio 1 includes a dual audio interface, Rode Procaster microphones (2), and studio headphones (2).
How do I use the Studio? Accordion Closed
Before you Begin
- Visit the library’s Ask Us! Desk to confirm your reservation and check out a key to the Studio.
- Please maintain an acceptable volume, this space is NOT soundproof.
- This studio has a variety of professional-grade software to support audio recording, video editing, and digital graphics creation. This studio is not meant as a study room.
- If you need assistance learning to use the software in this studio you may schedule a consultation with library staff by visiting: nau.edu/library/request-makerlab-help.
- If you notice any issues with the hardware in this room, please alert library staff.
Before You Leave
- Properly log off of the production studio computer station.
- Turn off all audio equipment and display monitors.
- Return all furniture and equipment to its original state as when you entered.
- Be sure to collect all of your personal belongings, supplies, and any trash.
- Turn off the studio lights and lock the door as you exit.
- Return the Production Studio key to the Ask Us! Desk.
Thank you for using the Production Studios!