Cline Library Makerlab
Reprint and voucher policy
Our 3D printing service uses consumer grade 3D printers intended for modeling and rapid prototyping. The MakerLab’s printers are not designed for professional-level finish or precision, and as a result the library cannot guarantee print model quality or stability. Users are responsible for removing rafts and supports. If a 3D print fails or does not meet the desired specifications, the user may request a reprint or a 3D printing voucher within 30 days from completion. Refunds cannot be issued. Reprints and vouchers must be approved by library staff and may take 2-3 business days to process.
Reprints and printing vouchers will be issued if:
- Incorrect dimensions and/or print settings as a result of a MakerLab staff processing error.
- Layer shifting as a result of technical malfunctions.
- Warping that results in an unstable or non-functional print.
- Damage due to atypical handling by MakerLab staff.
Reprints and printing vouchers will not be issued if:
- Incorrect dimensions, color, or quantity as a result of user submission error.
- Damage or Poor print quality due to model fragility, complexity or size (i.e. unreadable text or fine details).
- Minor warping or inconsistencies that does not affect print stability or functionality.
- Damage caused during user removal of rafts or supports.
- Completed prints cancelled after confirmation.
Reprint Process Accordion Closed
Before requesting a reprint, please adjust the model to ensure the initial issue does not occur during reprinting.
Reprinting costs equivalent to the cost of the original print will be waived. You are responsible for any additional costs resulting from adjustments made to the model (i.e. changing dimensions, increasing infill, adding supports, increasing raft size, etc.).
You can request a maximum of two reprints for each print submission. After the first reprint, you are responsible for half of the reprinting cost.
If the second reprint is still unsatisfactory, you can request a 3D printing voucher.
3D Printing Voucher Process Accordion Closed
If you would like a refund instead of reprinting a failed model, a 3D printing voucher will be issued.
If the original payment was made via speedchart number (i.e. printing for a class assignment), the voucher will be valid only for printing costs during the same semester.
Library staff determine the amount of a refund based upon the original print cost and the amount of material consumed by a failed print, up to the original purchase price.
To redeem a voucher, you must present it to MakerLab staff in person before confirming a print.
A 3D printing voucher is valid for 180 days from date of issue. A voucher not redeemed in the designated period will be void.