Campus Living surveys
Your voice matters to us
Campus Living strategically utilizes surveys to help students succeed and to continuously improve the on-campus living experience. We provide opportunities for you to report your experience and give feedback at three points during the 2022-2023 academic year. Past survey results have been used to improve facilities, community events, staff training, and more.
Make sure you are completing our surveys making your voice heard and entering yourself into drawings for incentives!
Explore our 2022-2023 surveys
Fall Transition Pulse Survey – Completed in September 2022 Accordion Closed
Expect this survey after a few weeks at NAU. In around five (5) quick questions, we ask for a pulse check on how your first couple of weeks at NAU are going, classes, friends, and roommates. Community members who complete the 2-minute survey you are entered into drawings for incentives!
What community members told us in the 2022 Fall Pulse Survey:
- 35% of on-campus community members participated and made their voices heard! Most people completed it in 1 minute or less and 90% completed it in less than 2 minutes.
- More than 85% stated that they were happy to be at NAU but did report missing their support network from time to time.
- 79% stated that they had not missed a class in the first few weeks of the semester.
- Over 90% students indicated that they were confident that they would succeed in their classes for the semester.
- Over 70% reported that things were going great with their roommate.
- Almost half of students indicated that they had already completed the roommate agreement and that thing were going great with their roommate.
Campus Living Experience Survey – October/November 2022 Accordion Closed
Expect this survey in mid-fall. This survey asks about your experience in campus living, including roommates, staff support, community programs, community climate, facilities, and other services. We want to hear directly from community members about your experience in order to continually improve our services and practices in alignment with our mission. Best of all, when you complete a survey you are entered into drawings for incentives!
What community members told us in the 2022 Survey
- The vast majority (90%) of community members are satisfied or very satisfied with their roommate relationship.
- Over 90% report that their CA is available to talk, and are willing to discuss concerns or problems.
- Over 90% of community members report having experienced a vibrant and welcoming community.
- Over 90% of community members report feeling accepted by other residents and feel that they can be themselves in their living space.
- Over 90% of community members feel safe in their campus living community.
- Over 87% of community members are satisfied with the furniture in their room/living space.
Spring Academic Pulse Survey – January 2023 Accordion Closed
Expect this survey soon after you come back from winter break. In five (5) or fewer questions, we ask for a pulse-check on your fall academic performance, major/studies, and use of academic resources. Community members who complete the 2-minute survey are entered into drawings for incentives!
What community members told us the 2023 Spring Pulse Survey
- 22% of on-campus community members participated and made their voices heard!
- Students were close to evenly split in reporting that they wanted to repeat their academic performance for the fall semester or that they wanted to improve their performance.
- Almost 50% reported that they loved their major/studies, while a little more than 40% reported that they mostly liked their major/studies. A little more than 10% of students indicated that they were unsure about their major or wanted to change it.
- 36% of students reported that they were using or will use academic resources available on campus to help them succeed in their classes. 25% indicated that they would use academic resources if they knew more about support for their specific classes.
Winners! Accordion Closed
2023 Spring Pulse Survey Winners!
25 Winners including:
McConnell – Natalia & Trevion
Allen – Michelle
Sechrist – Arianna
Taylor – Teodora
2022 Campus Living Experience survey
This survey had 20 winners who won an iced coffee maker, NAU blanket, NAU tumbler or mug, NAU speakers, NAU pillowcases, or NAU teeshirts and 3 extra lucky winners received a $500 credit towards spring rent!
2022 Fall Transition Pulse Survey $25 JDE incentive winners!
Campbell – Caden,
Mountain View – Camryn, Ananda, Miku
Pine Ridge Village – Lauren
Sechrist – Lindsey, Olivia
Taylor – Aubrey Anne