Departmental scholarship opportunities
Financial aid options available to students within Educational SpecialtiesThe Department of Educational Specialties has a limited amount of Graduate Assistantships and Tuition Waivers for qualified graduate students in a degree-seeking program. The Educational Specialties department houses programs for Special Education, Educational Technology, Career and Technical Education and Bilingual/Multicultural Education.
- Any College of Education graduate student may apply for a Graduate Assistantship in our department, but only Educational Specialties students may apply for a tuition waiver in our department.
- If you are an Educational Specialties student and apply for a Graduate Assistantship, you will automatically be considered for a tuition waiver if you are not selected for a GA position.
- A Graduate Assistantship includes a full tuition waiver that covers both in-state and out-of-state tuition. Graduate Assistantship applicants must attach a current resume or CV.
- Tuition waiver applicants must attach current unofficial transcripts.
- Departmental tuition waivers cover in-state tuition portion for in-state applicants and out-of-state tuition portion for out-of-state/International applicants. Out-of-state/International applicants that receive a waiver will still be responsible for the in-state portion of their tuition. Out-of-state/International applicants that have their out-of-state tuition waived through another program will be ineligible to receive a tuition waiver.
- All waiver recipients (either through GA or tuition waiver) will still be responsible for student fees. Waivers cover tuition portion only.
To qualify for a Graduate Assistantship (GA), you need to:
- be enrolled full time (9 units) and making satisfactory academic progress in any relevant graduate program
- able to work 20 hrs. per week to fulfill the GA assignment
- have no additional employment at NAU
To qualify for a tuition waiver, you need to:
- be enrolled full time (9 units) and making satisfactory academic progress in one of the Educational Specialties graduate programs
- not be funded by an agency that covers tuition costs
- applicants may be either an in-state, out-of-state, or international student (we have limited out-of-state/international tuition waivers)