International Student Graduate Application Process
- View degree program application deadlines. Please submit your application six months, or more, before the deadline to allow for optimal time to secure a visa, if admitted.
- Complete the online application for graduate admission. This application lists the degree program requirements.
- Attach unofficial transcripts to the online application.
- Send official, sealed transcripts directly from your higher education institution.
- Transcripts must be in the original language of the issuing institution with an English translation vetted by the issuing institution.
English transcript translation services are accepted from:
World Education Services
Educational Credential Evaluators
- Official transcripts must include confirmation of graduation.
- If the degree/diploma is not posted on the transcripts, a separate degree certificate must be included and indicate the degree awarded and date conferred.
- Send your official, sealed transcripts to:
Northern Arizona University
Attn: Graduate International Admissions
624 S. Knoles Drive
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4125
- Submit official TOEFL/IELTS scores.
- Submit the $65.00 (USD) application fee (non-refundable).
Application Review Process
Once your application and required documents have been received and reviewed by the Graduate College, your file will be sent to the program and/or department for review. Admission to our graduate programs is competitive and not all qualified applicants can be admitted. If the program and/or department recommends admission to the Graduate College, an official notification of admission will be sent from the Graduate College with the immigration document (Form I-20) needed to acquire a visa to the United States.