NAU graduate student orientation
NAU Fall 2021 new graduate student orientation for all students
This year, we will conduct orientation in two parts:
Asynchronous, online Orientation: available after July 15 and accessible via the Launch this orientation link below. We encourage students to complete the orientation modules by August 23, 2021 (the first day of the Fall 2021 term).
Flagstaff Mountain Campus In-person Orientation: Tuesday, August 17, 2021
– 3:00-5:00: Graduate College in-person Event (food & refreshments provided) – North Quad (grassy area north of Ashurst/Old Main). For questions, email the Graduate College.
– 5:00-6:30: Graduate Student Government Social (optional) – 1899 Bar & Grill, 307 W. Dupont Ave (building just north of the North Quad). For questions, email the GSG.
Online & Statewide Campus Zoom Orientation: Wednesday, August 18, 2021
– 4:00-5:00 (Arizona time): Graduate College Zoom Event
Meeting ID: 832 1297 0836
– 5:00-6:00 (Arizona time): Graduate Student Government Zoom Social (optional). For questions, email the GSG.
Meeting ID: 970 3300 7706
Topics covered in the Fall 2021 Orientation include:
- an overview of academic programs
- highlights of (some of the) policies related to graduate students
- resources on campus that you will likely use
- a word about research safety and compliance
- Graduate College Professional Development Series events
- information for Graduate Teaching Assistants, Graduate Research Assistants, and Graduate Service Assistants
- tips and words of advice from some of your fellow graduate students