Professional Development Opportunities
Please share your ideas and input to further enhance your Graduate student experience and career readiness!
Past Event Recordings
Spring 2024 Professional Development Opportunities
- Thesis and Dissertation Writing Bootcamp
- The Bootcamp took place over Zoom on Friday, January 26th from 8:30 am – 12:00 pm. Topics included:
- Thesis & Dissertation writing format and processes
- Developing research questions
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) process
- Tips, resources, and more!
- Recordings are available at the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies’s MediaSpace page:
Fall 2023 Professional Development Opportunities
Spring 2023 Professional Development Opportunities
- Recorded Spring Professional Development Opportunities will be posted to the Office of Graduate & Professional Studies’ Mediaspace within one playlist. Recordings will be added to the playlist after each session has finished. Sessions that were not recorded will have their presentations posted in PowerPoint or PDF format below:
Speak to Invite and Own the Limelight: A Crash Course on Public Speaking
Graduation & Thesis/Dissertation Workshop
Watch a recording of the Thesis/Dissertation Workshop Zoom meeting.
3-Minute Research Presentation Competition – Returning Fall 2024
The 3-Minute Research Presentation (3MRP) Competition provides an opportunity for NAU graduate students to present their thesis, dissertation, capstone research, scholarship, and/or creative work to an intelligent, non-specialist audience in just three minutes. This professional development opportunity is designed to increase and improve graduate students’ communication skills, as well as their capacity to effectively present research, scholarship, or creative work.
The Graduate Student Government Spring Poster Symposium & Conference – Returning Spring 2024
The Graduate Student Government Poster Symposium and Conference highlights a variety of programs, papers, projects, creative work, and research studies of the graduate students of NAU from all disciplines. The event provides an opportunity for students to introduce their research to those outside of their discipline, enhance their presentation skills, and represent their respective colleges.
Details: GSS Poster Symposium