Graduate Student Government (GSG) poster symposium
Deadline for abstracts extended to January 29!
The Graduate Student Government Poster Symposium and Conference highlights a variety of programs, papers, projects, creative work, and research studies of the graduate students of NAU from all disciplines. The event provides an opportunity for students to introduce their research to those outside of their discipline, enhance their presentation skills, and represent their respective colleges.
Are you involved in an interesting research/project that you would like to showcase to graduate students, faculty members, and guests of NAU? Do you have a poster that you presented at a previous conference but have not had a chance to exhibit it at NAU? Why not present your work at the GSG Poster Symposium and Conference? We all want to know the great projects that you have been working on!
This year, there are two parts to the GSG Poster Symposium:
- The Poster Symposium Competition: as in years past, graduate students submit their poster for review by a panel of judges; a cash prize for the top 3 posters; all posters will be made public.
- The Conference: new this year (and optional), graduate students present their work in 7 minutes using their Poster Symposium poster to guide their talk; to be done live, via Zoom on Saturday, March 27, 2021; a separate panel of judges select a winner for each Zoom session. It is not possible to participate in the Conference without having submitted a poster to the Poster Symposium.
Please note: Posters and presentations will be judged separately.
This is a great opportunity to present your work visually (the Poster Symposium Competition) and also practice presenting your research in a small group environment to attendees interested in current research at NAU (the Conference).
Please contact GSGposter@nau.edu for more information.
2021 Logistics and training information Accordion Closed
Check out this document for frequently-asked questions about the 2021 Poster Symposium & Conference.
Call for posters and application Accordion Closed
Instructions and deadlines for participants:
- EXTENDED to January 29, 2021: Abstracts due; please complete the application form.
- February 12, 202: PDF of your poster due to GSGposter@nau.edu. Please email a PDF of your poster using GSGPOSTER_FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME in the subject line. Make sure the PDF is large enough to be visible and legible to judges who will be viewing it. Feel free to prepare your poster as if you were presenting to peers in your field (i.e., use field-specific terms, where appropriate).
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 (time TBD): The Poster Symposium Conference; live, via Zoom. If you are interested in presenting your GSG Poster Symposium poster at the Conference, please indicate so on the application form.
Questions should be directed to GSGposter@nau.edu.