Tuition & Fees
Cost of Attendance
Our department is not able to provide a firm estimate for the cost of the program personalized for each individual student because of the intricacies of financial aid and student status. The following information provides guidelines to estimate the primary costs for attending the Communication Sciences and Disorders program at Northern Arizona University.
Tuition and Fees Charts
Tuition by Credit Hour (information provided by Financial Aid / Student Account Services)
Additional Fees and Descriptions (not every fee applies to every student)
Student Resources (from the Communication Sciences and Disorders web page)
Net Price Calculator
Graduate or Master’s Track Costs
Cost of attendance varies by program track.
Full-Time and Full-Time Leveler students:
- Pay either in-state or out-of-state tuition as according to status;
- Billed for campus fees;
- Must be registered for 9 credits during one session to receive financial aid.
- Financial assistance in the form of a limited number of CSD scholarships or tuition waivers may also be available for students in their second year of our program. Students apply for the second year financial assistance at the end of the first year of study.
- CSD has a limited number of graduate assistantships available to full-time students who are in the first year of our program. These assistantships are offered to the top-ranking applicants through personal contact initiated by this department.
Summers Track students:
- Tuition can be found on the Bursar’s web page
- All students pay in-state resident rate (Flagstaff Mountain Campus)
- All fees are applicable to Summers Track students while on campus during the summer.
- Courtesy Exceptions:
- The Health & Recreation Fee and the Student Activity Fee may be eligible for waiver during the fall and spring terms, and during your externship if certain criteria are met. Refer to the Student Affairs waiver for information. If you meet the Student Affairs waiver criteria, you may also email Ask.Parking@nau.edu to request waiver of your Transportation Fee. The Transportation Fee is NOT assessed in summer terms.
- Financial Aid
- Must be registered for 5-6 credits to receive financial aid.
- You are not allowed to exceed 6 credits during Summer Session I or II unless approved by advisor.
- Flexibility exists with respect to the scheduling of electives.
The NAU tuition schedule for the current school year can be found here. There is also a breakdown of cost by credit hour.
Students can also use the Tuition Estimator to find their approximate tuition and fees cost.
CSD Program fees of $40 per credit taken while in our graduate program.
Other campus fees may include: Health & Recreation Fee; Student Activity Fee; Transportation Fee; Financial Aid Trust Fee; Information Technology Fee; GSG (Graduate Student Government) Fee; Green Fee; ASNAU Fee; Graduate Matriculation Fee; other fees, as applicable. Go to Student Account Services for details and descriptions. The Health & Recreation Fee, Student Activity Fee, and Transportation Fee may be eligible for waiver during externship if certain criteria are met. Refer to Student Affairs waiver for information. If you meet the Student Affairs waiver criteria, you may also email Ask.Parking@nau.edu to request waiver of your Transportation Fee during externship. The Transportation Fee is not assessed in the summer term.
Students apply for general financial aid through the NAU Office of Financial Aid.