A top-ranked speech-language pathology program
State-by-State Licensure Information
Clinical Educators Affiliated with CSD
- If you would like to contact the graduate program, you can reach us a 928-523-2969 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to contact the undergraduate program (BS or the SLPA certificate), you can reach us at 928-523-2969.
- If you would like to contact the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic, you can reach us at 928-523-8110 or email@example.com
CSD Students in the news
Communication Sciences and Disorders at Northern Arizona University
The Communication Sciences and Disorders department at NAU provides classroom and clinical practicum experiences in a variety of ways through:
- our master’s degree in Clinical Speech-Language Pathology,
- our undergraduate degree in Communication Sciences & Disorders,
- a plan that advances students toward applying for licensure as a speech-language pathology assistant, and
- our fully-operational clinic.
We invite you to explore all of the options and links below.
Master of Science in Clinical Speech-Language Pathology
If you are looking for a high-caliber master’s degree program in clinical speech-language pathology that places a premium on the communicative and learning needs of culturally and linguistically diverse populations through comprehensive course work and clinical practicum experiences, you are in the right place!
We have four in-person master’s level tracks available:
- Full-Time Track
- Full-Time Leveler Track
- Summer Track
- Accelerated BS to MS Track .
The Summer Track does include 8-11 credit hours of online courses, as well as 19 credit hours of clinical experiences available in areas outside of Flagstaff, during fall and spring semesters. For more information about the MS degree, click here.
Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences & Disorders
The BS in CSD will provide students with the prerequisite knowledge required for graduate study in the field. As a student, you will have the opportunity to obtain foundational knowledge related to speech, hearing, and language processes through both online and on-campus programs. For more information about the BS degree, click here.
Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant (SLPA) Certificate
If you are interested in becoming a Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant (SLPA) and working as support personnel to a speech-language pathologist, this program may be right for you. Given busy lifestyles, many prefer the flexibility of choosing online courses.
The SLPA certificate meets the technical credit-hours requirement for the State of Arizona, as well as the recommendations of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. For more information about the SLPA program, click here.
The S-L-H clinic offers you a full range of speech, language, and hearing services, which include voice evaluation and treatment, cognitive retraining, audiological evaluation and hearing aid dispensing. For more information about our clinic or to make an appointment click here.