Accelerated BS to MS Program
Why the AP program?
The Accelerated BS to MS in Clinical Speech-Language Pathology is designed to encourage distinguished NAU CSD undergraduates to continue their pursuit of an advanced degree at NAU. Eligible students begin their Master’s degree in Clinical Speech-Language Pathology while simultaneously completing their Bachelor’s degree in CSD; the remainder of the program takes place over 5 terms.
This program is only open to current NAU CSD undergraduate students. The contiguous Accelerated BS/MS program is for outstanding CSD undergraduates who intend to take at least 6 of 8 CSD prerequisite courses (CSD 191, CSD 251, CSD 350, CSD 352, CSD 375, CSD 376, CSD 405, CSD 456) in-person at the Flagstaff Mountain Campus (The AP program is not available to CSD online students.). Students admitted to this program complete 12 credit hours of graduate-level coursework while completing their bachelor’s degree.
- Overall undergraduate G.P.A. of 3.5
- CSD G.P.A. of 3.8
- At the time of application to the program, completion of at least 60 undergraduate credits with a 3.5+ overall GPA;
- During the course of the program, it is expected that 6 of 8 CSD prerequisite courses (CSD 191, CSD 251, CSD 350, CSD 352, CSD 375, CSD 376, CSD 405, CSD 456) will be completed in-person on the Flagstaff Mountain Campus
- A minimum of 4 CSD prerequisite courses must be completed, or in progress, at the time of application to the program with a GPA of 3.8 or greater
- The following foundational prerequisite courses must be completed, or in progress at the time of application to the program: BIO 181 (3 units); CHM 130, 151 or PHY 111 (3 units); Science lab* (1 unit); STA 270 (3 units); PSY 101, SOC 101, or ANT 101 (3 units)
- A Letter of Intent and 2 Letters of Recommendation from CSD academic professors must be submitted to Dr. Mary Harmon (Mary.Harmon@nau.edu) at the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. The Letter of Intent must be submitted by December 31st of Year 2 and the Letters of Recommendation are due by May 1st of Year 2.
- Following approval by CSD AP academic advisors (Dr. Mary Harmon and Dr. Sandy Stewart), NAU application must be submitted by January 15th of Year 3.
- Please note: Accelerated students are required to complete an application through CSDCAS
For more information about the courses you will be taking and when, see our course sequence.
Dr. Mary Harmon email@example.com
Accelerated Program Advisor
Campus Office: Building 66, Room 302
Northern Arizona University
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
PO Box 15045
Flagstaff, AZ 86011