State-by-State Licensure Information
To determine if our program meets the professional licensure education requirements for your state, visit the Professional Licensure by State website and scroll down to Clinical Speech-Language Pathology.
Clinical Educators Affiliated with CSD
Why the Full-time Leveler Track?
If your bachelor’s degree is not in Speech-Language Pathology, you need to take a few extra courses to be prepared for your graduate coursework.
In this full-time, year-round track, you’ll take 87 credits (21 “leveler” credits and 66 graduate) two and a half years and leave prepared to enter the job market.
You are eligible for the leveler track if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- As required by ASHA (Std. IV-A), you have at least one 3-credit course in each of the following areas:
- Biological Sciences (human or animal sciences for Biology majors, e.g., biology, human anatomy & physiology, neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, human genetics, and veterinary science). The introductory course for Biology majors (BIO 181 in Arizona universities) will meet this requirement. Lab not required.
- Physical Sciences (physics or chemistry). No longer allowed: Astronomy, archaeology, forestry, geology, earth and environmental science.
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (psychology, sociology, anthropology or public health).
- Statistics (course with “statistics in the title”). Not allowed: Research methodology.
For more information about the courses you will be taking and when, see our Full-time Leveler Course Sequence.
One way to get information about a course is to follow this link. Course details are contained in the Details tab.
Ready to Apply?
Visit our Admissions page.