Why full-time?If you already have a bachelor’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology, you can jump right into advanced coursework. In this full-time, year-round track, you’ll take 66 credits of graduate courses in two years and leave prepared to enter the job market.
EligibilityYou can apply for the full-time track if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have completed the following prerequisite courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Language
- Language Development in Children
- Speech-Language Sciences
- Hearing Science
- Neurological Foundations of Speech, Language and Hearing (if not previously taken, this course will be integrated into your graduate course sequence)
- Survey of Audiology
- You have at least one 3-credit course in each of the following areas:
- Biological Sciences (human or animal sciences for Biology majors, e.g., biology, human anatomy & physiology, neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, human genetics, and veterinary science). The introductory course for Biology majors (BIO 181 in Arizona universities) will meet this requirement. Lab not required.
- Physical Sciences (physics or chemistry). No longer allowed: Astronomy, archaeology, forestry, geology, earth and environmental science.
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (psychology, sociology, anthropology or public health).
- Statistics (course with “statistics in the title”). Not allowed: Research methodology.