Mission and accreditationThe Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is located in the College of Health and Human Services.
Mission Statement of the Department of Communication Sciences and DisordersThe mission of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Northern Arizona University is to advance the knowledge and practice in human communication and its disorders, to prepare our students to lead in the professions of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and to enable all individuals to communicate, read, write, think, and learn, in order to succeed in a changing world. To accomplish this mission, we will ...
- acquire new knowledge through empirical research
- promote scholarship and other creative works
- contribute to the profession at local, regional, national and international levels
- foster critical thought in a learning-centered environment
- incorporate technology to enhance classroom and clinical teaching
- mentor students to achieve professional competence in serving individuals of all ages
- serve as a local and regional clinical resource for individuals with communication disorders
- foster interdisciplinary collaboration
- excel in professional service