Who gets in?
Because our MS program maintains a small student-faculty ratio, we accept only 30 Full-time and 30 Part-time Summers students per year.
Here’s who we accepted in 2019:
|42% of applicants||51% of applicants|
|Junior/Senior GPA was 3.77||Junior/Senior GPA was 3.46|
|Average GRE verbal percentile was 60||Average GRE verbal percentile was 40|
|Average GRE quantitative percentile was 39||Average GRE quantitative percentile was 21|
|Average GRE writing percentile was 67||Average GRE writing percentile was 52|
International applicants must contact the Graduate College before applying:
Student Application Checklist:
- Check eligibility requirements for graduate program of interest (Degrees & Programs drop-down menu)
- GRE scores required within the last 5 years: http://www.ets.org/gre
- Have ETS send your official GRE scores to 6964 Northern Arizona U CSDCAS
- Apply to the NAU Graduate College (“Apply now” button on right side of page)
- Apply to CSDCAS: https://csdcas.liaisoncas.com
- A personal essay explaining your reasons for applying
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. This includes transcripts for college classes taken in high school (even if for high school credit) as well as transcripts from any foreign institution taken as part of a study abroad program. Official transcripts must be sent directly to CSDCAS from the colleges or universities to: CSDCAS Verification Department, PO Box 9113, Watertown, MA 02471.
- 3 letters of recommendation
July 15, 2019 and August 2, 2019
By January 15, 2020
- Your CSDCAS application must state “Complete” by the January 15th.
- It must state “Verified” by January 30th.
- This includes official transcripts, letters of recommendation, personal essay, and GRE scores. Deadline is precisely at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time (8:59 PM Pacific Standard time)! NOTE: Both application deadlines are set, even though the electronic CSDCAS application may remain open for other purposes.
Early February to mid-March
- Invitations sent
- Deadline to accept
- Waitlist applicants contacted