Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology
Become a Technology Coach recognized by the International
Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).
- integrate technology into your own teaching
- model effective use of the latest technological
resources in different learning environments
- assist instructors in designing
technology-enhanced learning experiences
Our courses are designed around Technology Coach Standards
set forth by the ISTE. In order to successfully complete this rigorous program,
you will learn to master these standards.
Starting in the fall of 2012, Educational Technology
Curriculum (ETC) graduate courses will be scheduled for two seven-week sessions
per semester. You will be able to concentrate on only one or two classes at a
time and complete them faster.
To complete this certificate, take the following 15 credits:
You must take these two courses first:
- ETC 547 Theory & Strategies in Technology Integration
- ETC 567 Technology, Society, and Education
And the following:
- ETC 585 Tech Integration in the P-16 Classroom
And two of:
- ETC 625 Designing Instruction
- ETC 635 Tech Planning and Professional Development
- ETC 645 Distributed Learning Delivery Systems
- ETC 655 Creating Learning Environments
Have a look at our program of study
for more detailed information on requirements.
For descriptions of specific classes, see the course catalog.
Petition to Transfer Credit
If you are planning to transfer credits from a previous institutions, please make sure that you read this pertinent information.
Find out what books, computer requirements, and other materials you will need during our programs.
Ready to apply? Find out the steps to take to apply to our program