Tri-Alpha Honor Society
A Tri-Alpha chapter promotes academic excellence and provides opportunities for growth, leadership development, and community service for first-generation college students.
All first-generation college students, graduate students, faculty, staff, and alumni of NAU are eligible to join Tri-Alpha Honor Society.
- The opportunity to meet other first-generation scholars and join them in promoting academic excellence and creating a supportive environment for first-generation college students.
- Leadership opportunities with the Tri-Alpha chapter at Northern Arizona University.
- The opportunity to mentor incoming first-generation college students.
- Receive mentoring from faculty, staff, and alumni first-generation graduates.
- Identifies you to employers, professionals, and graduate schools as a person of superior academic ability and commitment.
- An outward recognition of personal accomplishment and an incentive for continued high scholarship.
- Members receive a certificate and pin signifying membership. Membership is for life.
Our first induction ceremony will be held February 1, 2021 at 6:00 pm. Members were sent an email link for the Zoom meeting.
Students can run for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Historian.