STAR: Successful Transition and Academic Readiness
Jump-start your university experience with the NAU STAR program
The Successful Transition and Academic Readiness (STAR) program ensures new freshmen who are Arizona residents a successful transition from high school into college.
In just over four weeks during the summer prior to the fall semester, you will take two classes that will fulfill liberal studies requirements and apply toward your undergraduate degree. You will get to know other new students, participate in peer mentoring, learn about NAU and the resources through programming, and connect with one another and the STAR Program staff through engagement activities. During STAR you will get to know the campus, our resources, one another, and the many opportunities available to you at NAU.
2022 Program Dates
STAR Program: June 18, 2022 – July 15, 2022
Academic Year Program on-campus at NAU: Following the STAR program, you will join Student Support Services (SSS) or First-Generation Programs Peer Mentoring during your first-year.
Features of the summer program for students include:
- Special learning instruction
- Creative programming and engagement activities
- Weekly peer mentoring
- Connect with other first-generation college students
Features of the academic year program for students include:
- An introduction to a wide array of campus resources
- Events and activities to familiarize students with the academic and social opportunities on our campus and in the Flagstaff community
- Connect with your fellow STAR Program students
- Connect with your peer mentor
If you have any questions please contact STARProgram@nau.edu.