- Visit my.nau.edu
- Enter your NAU ID and password (your NAU ID was sent to the email address that you used to apply to NAU).
- Click the "Check your NAU student email" button at the top of the page.
STAR: Successful Transition and Academic Readiness
Jump-start your NAU experience with the STAR Program
The Successful Transition and Academic Readiness (STAR) Program ensures incoming first-year students who are first-generation, income eligible, and Arizona residents a successful transition from high school to NAU.
During a few weeks in the summer, students will live in one of our campus communities and take classes that apply toward their undergraduate degree. Students get to establish relationships with other students, participate in peer mentoring, and learn about resources that help them make a successful transition to NAU in the fall.
STAR provides students with the ability to learn about campus, access resources needed to be successful, understand what it means to be a college student, and provide the support students need to thrive.
2023 STAR Program dates
The 2023 dates for the STAR program are:
- June 18: STAR student move-in
- June 19: no classes held in observance of Juneteenth
- June 20: first day of classes for STAR students
- July 15: STAR graduation and student move-out
STAR Program benefits
- Classes that give students a head start in their program
- Opportunities to develop relationships with STAR students, staff, and faculty
- Academic support, including free tutoring
- Opportunity to join Student Support Services (SSS), an academic year support program
All STAR Program services and opportunities are free. NAU financial aid pays for all meals, housing, tuition, and fees.
STAR support systems
- A dynamic residential staff who will help students connect with one another, find resources on campus, and provide peer mentoring
- A team of academic staff who understand the needs of our STAR students
- Campus resources to help students get a head start on their NAU experience
- Events and activities to provide information, and support for students to have fun, learn about campus, and engage with campus before they move here in the fall
Features of the academic year program for STAR students
- An introduction to a wide array of campus resources
- Events and activities to familiarize students with the academic and social opportunities on our campus and in the Flagstaff community
- Connections with fellow STAR Program students
- Connections with peer mentors
If you have any questions, please contact STARProgram@nau.edu.