Chat with a Mentor!Our First-Generation Peer Mentors are also available through Weekly Office Hours to assist you with quick questions, resource location, and even enrollment guidance. We recommend checking this schedule frequently as the list is updated on a weekly basis.
First-Generation Programs Mentoring
Are you a first-generation college student looking for support, guidance, and community? Look no further! The Office of First-Generation Programs assists students in accessing important resources, making connections, and building community through one-on-one mentoring. Students, like you, can connect with a student peer mentor to work towards your goals and enhance your experience at Northern Arizona University!
Not sure if you want a mentor or just need to ask some questions? Our mentors have weekly office hours throughout the academic year! They can assist you with quick questions, resource location, and even enrollment guidance. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for this schedule.
Benefits of connecting with a mentor
- Connect to events and activities on-campus
- Gain practical advice, encouragement, and support
- Increase your social and academic confidence
- Develop your communication, study, and academic skills
- Identify goals and establish a sense of direction
- Gain valuable insight into the next stage of your collegiate journey
- Build your network
- Be a first-generation college student at the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus
- Please note, students in the Blavin Scholars Program, First Scholars, STAR, or Student Support Services are not eligible for additional mentoring through First-Generation Programs
To connect with a mentor please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch shortly.