STAR: Eligibility & Application
Who can participate in the NAU STAR program?
The program is open to first-time freshmen who are committed to earning their bachelor’s degree from Northern Arizona University. To be selected for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Arizona resident
- Begin attending NAU in fall 2020 semester
- Be a first-generation college student
- Demonstrate financial need
How much does it cost?
The cost of the STAR program is approximately $4,000 and includes:
- Tuition for the summer courses
- Housing for five weeks
- A meal plan for the five weeks
The STAR program does not include or cover transportation to and from the university campus, or any personal expenses. If eligible, the Pell Grant which will help cover cost of tuition, fees, books, and housing.
Apply to the STAR Program
Applying to the STAR program is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Apply to Northern Arizona University. You must be accepted to the university and pay the $350 enrollment deposit to be selected for the STAR program.
- Complete and submit the STAR Interest Participant Application.
- All STAR program participants are required to complete BOTH the 2019- 2020 and the 2020 – 2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) to be considered for eligibility in the program.
If you have any questions, please contact the STAR Program.
Once we receive your interest form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from the program. We begin reviewing applications for the program in February. Please note that we are only able to make a decision after your interest form is complete.
Once selected for the program, we will send you a confirmation letter and check-in/orientation packet.
If you have completed the application process by January, expect to hear from us by February. We plan to select the entire class by April 30th.