STAR: Eligibility & Application
Who can participate in the NAU STAR program?
The program is open to first-time freshmen who are committed to earning their bachelor’s degree from Northern Arizona University. To be selected for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Arizona resident
- Be attending NAU in the upcoming fall semester
- Be a first-generation college student
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $0 as demonstrated by the 2020-21 and 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
How much does it cost?
The cost of 2021 STAR program includes:
- Meal plan
- Tuition and fees
The costs of the program will be covered through financial aid. Financial aid can only be disbursed to cover the costs of the program for students who have a complete 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
Apply to the STAR Program
Applying to the STAR program is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Apply to Northern Arizona University. You must be accepted to the university and pay the $350 enrollment deposit to be selected for the STAR program.
- All STAR program participants are required to complete BOTH the 2020- 2021 and the 2021 – 2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) to be considered for eligibility in the program.
- If eligible for STAR you will receive email communication that will ask you to accept your invitation to join the program.
- Once you accept your invitation to join the program, we will send you a confirmation letter and check-in/orientation packet.
If you have any questions please contact STARProgram@nau.edu.