Join the Blavin Scholars Program at NAU!
To qualify for the Blavin Scholars Program interested students must:
- Be an Arizona resident (eligible for in-state tuition)
- Attend Northern Arizona University Flagstaff Mountain Campus as a student seeking an undergraduate degree
- Be enrolled full-time and maintain full-time student status
- Demonstrate financial need each year via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Identify with one of the following ways:
- Have experienced time in foster care or be in a legal guardianship
- Be a Ward of Court or identify as an emancipated minor
- Unaccompanied Homeless Youth
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as an undergraduate student
- Complete the entire application form. Applications accepted on a rolling basis with applications.
- The application deadline is May 15, 2022 at midnight.
- If you need a paper application, please contact the Office of First-Generation Programs at email@example.com.
- Attach information on your participation in the Arizona foster care system or other legal documentation.
- Submit a 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the web, at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Use Northern Arizona University’s Federal Code 001082 so that a copy will be sent to the university.
- Competitive application process, not all students who apply will be selected.
- Additional resources for foster youth students can be found at https://nau.edu/office-of-scholarships-and-financial-aid/diverse-populations/.
- Selected applicants will be invited to meet with the Blavin Scholars Program staff to learn more about the Blavin Scholarship and Blavin Scholars Program participation.