First Scholars program
Unlocking the door to success for first-generation college students
The First Scholars program aims to provide comprehensive support to first-generation college students, helping them achieve academic success, graduate, and live fulfilling lives. With a four-year commitment, the program offers a range of academic and social activities from freshman to senior year. In addition, students are supported financially with a $2,000 scholarship.
First Scholars is exclusively available to full-time Arizona first-year students who are attending college for the first time and whose parent(s) or guardian(s) have not earned a bachelor’s degree. Please note that First Scholars is currently not accepting applications from current students at NAU.
Support services and resources for students
First-Scholars provides these services and resources for students:
- A $2,000 scholarship per academic year
- A four-year commitment from freshman through senior year
- Academic and social programming
- Peer and professional staff mentoring
- Service and volunteer opportunities
- Access to free tutoring and counseling services