First Scholars program
Helping NAU students become proactive, empowered, and engaged
The goal of the First Scholars program is to help first-generation college students succeed in school, graduate, and have a life complete with self-awareness, success and significance.
A four-year commitment, First Scholars engages students from freshmen through senior year in academic and social programming while also supporting students financially with a $2,000 scholarship.
The program is open to incoming first-time, full-time Arizona freshmen whose parent(s) or guardian(s) have not earned a bachelor’s degree. First Scholars is currently only accepting incoming students, not current students at NAU.
Services and Resources Provided:
- A $2,000 scholarship per academic year
- A four-year commitment from first year through senior year
- Academic & social programming
- Peer & professional staff mentoring
- Service & volunteer opportunities
- Access to free tutoring & free counseling services