First Scholars program
Helping NAU students become proactive, empowered, and engaged
The goal of the First Scholars program is to help first-generation college students succeed in school, graduate, and have a life complete with self-awareness, success and significance.
A four-year commitment, First Scholars engages students from freshmen through senior year in academic and social programming while also supporting students financially with a $2,000 tuition scholarship.
The program is open to incoming first-time, full-time Arizona freshmen whose parent(s) or guardian(s) have not earned a bachelor’s degree.
Services and Resources Provided:
- Mentoring from staff and successful peers in the program
- Academic success workshops
- Tutoring in partnership with the Academic Success Centers
- Freshman Transition Course
- Service learning opportunities
- Community building through social activities
- Connection to campus and community resources