Honors Forms and Policies
Applications for University Honors College admission are online.
Honors Admission Evaluation Form 2022
Use this Teacher Evaluation Form only if requested to provide us additional information about your abilities and potential for success as an Honors student at Northern Arizona University’s Honors College. This form is only required to be submitted if you are initially denied admission to Honors and are requesting reconsideration. This completed form is to be returned to the Honors College via postal services (c/o NAU Honors; PO Box 5689; Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5689), or email attachment. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
Honors Peer Leadership Applications
Honors Peer Leadership Applications for 2022-2023 were available in September 2022. These opportunities are currently limited only to HON 100 Facilitators for Fall 2023. Program Assistants, Ambassadors, and Mentors are on different schedules.
Independently arranged credit options
- Honors Contract Proposal (used for any course numbered 300 or higher that you wish to earn -H credit in–requires separate proposal of Honors project)
- Undergraduate Research (HON 485)/Independent Study (HON 497) (for more unique projects that students and faculty develop. There are few specific guidelines for what specific types of project these credits could encompass. Use HON 485 for research-heavy experiences. Your faculty supervisors should have expertise in the field related to your project and can assist in identifying an appropriate course number)
- HON 475 Directed Readings
- HON 408(Fieldwork), 466 (Legislative Intern), or 490 (Honors Thesis) Proposal (408 is used with internships or field-based projects. 490 is used as a 6-unit project involving substantial extended research culminating in a Senior Thesis.
- HON 491C Fillable 2021. (Note: This is NOT to be used to propose courses to complete your 6 unit Honors Capstone)
- Honors Study Abroad Proposal Download this form to use the electronic signature. (Use this form to earn Honors credit through various methods of study abroad opportunities from capstones, to IGP to our popular “3 Essay Option” to Internships abroad through the GRIP program. Please consult “Honors Study Abroad Options” or the “Policies” section, below.)
Honors requirement check sheets
- 2017-current Honors curriculum
- 2011-2017 University Honors
- 2007-2010 Liberal Studies
- 2001-2007 Liberal Studies (consult an Honors staff member)