Honors Forms and Policies
Applications for University Honors College admission are online.
Honors Admission Evaluation Form 2021
Use this Teacher Evaluation Form only if requested to provide us additional information about your abilities and potential for success as an Honors student at Northern Arizona University’s Honors College. This form is only required to be submitted if you are initially denied admission to Honors and are requesting reconsideration. This completed form is to be returned to the Honors College via postal services (c/o NAU Honors; PO Box 5689; Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5689), or email attachment. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
Honors Peer Leadership Applications
Honors Peer Leadership Applications for 2020-2021 were available in September 2019. These opportunities are currently limited only to HON 100 Facilitators for Fall 2020.
- Honors International Studies Grant Application
- Honors Research and Creative Endeavors Grant Application
Independently arranged credit options
- Honors Contract Proposal (used for any course numbered 300 or higher that you wish to earn -H credit in–requires separate proposal of Honors project)
- Undergraduate Research (HON 485)/Independent Study (HON 497) (for more unique projects that students and faculty develop. There are few specific guidelines for what specific types of project these credits could encompass. Use HON 485 for research-heavy experiences. Your faculty supervisors should have expertise in the field related to your project and can assist in identifying an appropriate course number)
- Directed Readings (HON 475)
- HON 408(Fieldwork), 466 (Legislative Intern), or 490 (Honors Thesis) Proposal (408 is used with internships or field-based projects. 490 is used as a 6-unit project involving substantial extended research culminating in a Senior Thesis.
- Honors Capstone (HON 491C) credit proposal. (Note: This is NOT to be used to propose courses to complete your 6 unit Honors Capstone)
- Honors Study Abroad Proposal (Use this form to earn Honors credit through various methods of study abroad opportunities from capstones, to GSEP/IGP/GLBP to our popular “3 Essay Option” to Internships abroad through the GRIP program. Please consult “Honors Study Abroad Options” document below in the “Policies” section)
Honors requirement check sheets
- 2017-current Honors curriculum
- 2011-2017 University Honors
- 2007-2010 Liberal Studies
- 2001-2007 Liberal Studies (consult an Honors staff member)