Honors graduation requirements
The Honors College provides a path that helps fulfill your general education requirements and some of your major requirements. To graduate from the Honors College, you will need to complete the following requirements:
Honors students admitted for Spring 2017 or earlier click here for catalog and see Capstone information below.
1. Complete the following Honors courses:
- one Honors first year seminar in critical reading and writing (HON 190), 3 units
- one Honors Topic Seminar HON 291(AHI), 292(CU), 293(SAS), or 294(SPW), 3 units
- one Honors Advanced Seminar HON 391(AHI), 392(CU), 393(SAS), or 394(SPW), 3 units
- one HON 303: Honors Advanced Scholarship(to help prepare for your Honors Capstone), 1 unit
- Honors Capstone sequence for 6 units
2. An additional 11 Honors units (e.g., ENV 101H, HON 240 etc.) are needed for a total of 27 Honors units (minimum of 15 Honors designated units must be earned at NAU).
3. Students also complete the following:
- one mathematics foundation course at the Pre-Calculus level or higher (select from MAT 125, MAT 121, MAT 131, or MAT 136)
- complete Calculus II (MAT 137) OR demonstrate proficiency in a second language through the first year (102 level)
4. Honors Explorations requirement: Participate in five Honors Explorations experiences (non-credit programs or activities from an approved list) prior to graduation.
5. Graduate with a minimum 3.30 cumulative NAU GPA.
Please note: “Declare Honors” requirement on your Advising Report will show as unfulfilled until you apply for graduation, an advisor verifies completion of curriculum by time of graduation, and an Honors staff member enrolls you in the Honors plan (grad apps are verified by Honors every month and plans added the beginning of every month).
Get more information about ways to fulfill Honors requirements.