Honors graduation requirements
The Honors College provides a path that helps fulfill your general education requirements and some of your major requirements. To graduate from the Honors College, you will need to complete the following requirements:
Honors students admitted for Spring 2017 or earlier click here for catalog and see Capstone information below.
1. Complete the following Honors courses:
- one Honors first year seminar in critical reading and writing (HON 190), 3 units
- one Honors Topic Seminar HON 291(AHI), 292(CU), 293(SAS), or 294(SPW), 3 units
- one Honors Advanced Seminar HON 391(AHI), 392(CU), 393(SAS), or 394(SPW), 3 units
- Honors Capstone sequence for 7 units
2. An additional 11 Honors units (e.g., ENV 101H, HON 240 etc.) are needed for a total of 21 Honors units (minimum of 15 Honors designated units must be earned at NAU).
3. Students also complete the following:
- one mathematics foundation course at the Pre-Calculus level or higher (select from MAT 125, MAT 121, MAT 131, or MAT 136)
- complete Calculus II (MAT 137) OR demonstrate proficiency in a second language through the first year (102 level)
4. Honors Explorations requirement: Participate in five Honors Explorations experiences (non-credit programs or activities from an approved list) prior to graduation.
5. Graduate with a minimum 3.30 cumulative NAU GPA.
Get more information about ways to fulfill Honors requirements.