Honors College Advising Center
If you’re looking to track your progress toward graduation requirements within the Honors College, get career advice, or require help working through personal issues, we are here to help you. From your first year until your last, we make it easy to connect with an Academic Adviser with Honors expertise. Even the Dean and Assistant Director make themselves available for advising assistance.
There are a number of Honors-specific enrollment/advising videos on the Honors Advising playlist on the Academic Advising YouTube Channel. You can access these brief, informative videos HERE.
Connecting with an Academic Advisor
First-year Honors students Accordion Closed
All First-Year Honors students are advised by an experienced First-Year Academic Advisor with Honors expertise. Check out these websites for options to meet with your advisor in person, online, or over email and phone.
- Currently enrolled Honors students:
- New incoming Honors students: https://in.nau.edu/gateway-student-success-center/new-incoming-students/
For additional resources or more information, check out the First Year Advising office’s website: nau.edu/Gateway
Transfer and Upper Division Honors students Accordion Closed
- After your first year at NAU, you will begin working with an Academic Advisor in the college of your major. They will work with you through to graduation.
- To make an appointment: https://appointments.nau.edu/
- To drop in during your college’s weekly drop-in hours: https://in.nau.edu/university-advising/call-in-advising/
- Reach out to your assigned academic advisor (found in LOUIE) via email or phone!
A few reminders:
- Make sure you clear all your holds prior to enrollment
- While Academic Advising is not required, it is highly recommended at least once a year to make sure you’re on track with your Honors and major requirements.
Students on Honors probation Accordion Closed
Please check in with your Academic Advisor on strategies to return to good standing with the Honors College, or reach out to the Honors College directly at Honors@nau.edu
Graduating Honors students Accordion Closed
- Make sure you apply for graduation on time
- Honors requirements must be fulfilled by the end of your graduation term
- Once you ensure your Advisement Report is collapsed for your degree requirements, and you apply for graduation, Honors College staff will review your record to ensure you’ve met all Honors requirements. At that time, they will collapse the “Declare Honors” in anticipation of your graduation with honors. These are reviewed and updated monthly.