Where to find internships
- Handshake, NAU’s online job and internship platform.
- Browse posts using the hashtag #COMgigs on Twitter and Instagram to see the job and internship postings from around the country, as curated by Angelé Anderfuren, the School of Com’s internship coordinator. Feel free to email her any questions you have about internships at COM_Internships@nau.edu too.
HOW TO FIND INTERNSHIPS IN HANDSHAKE
- Visit NAU.joinhandshake.com or download the Handshake Mobile app and sign in using your Louie login
- Click Jobs on the top menu
- Select the Internship filter (you have the option to add other filters and keywords)
- Scroll through the postings and click the name of a position to view the description
- Click Apply to fill out an application and submit your materials
If you have any questions as you are moving through the Handshake process, please contact email@example.com.
Make sure that you have the skill set the internship provider wants and follow-up with them as instructed in the in the internship posting.
Once you have the internship secured, if you’d like to earn course credit by enrolling in a 208/408 course to complete along with your internship, follow the steps to apply for the internship courses. These classes are offered every fall, spring and summer session. You are not required to enroll in a course for credit to complete and internship. Talk to your academic advisor about if course credit might be right for you.