This Professional Science Master’s degree in Climate Science
and Solutions is housed in the university’s School of Earth Sciences
and Environmental Studies, within the College of Engineering,
Forestry, and Natural Sciences.
The program is designed to give students the academic
background and the professional skills needed to secure jobs within the areas
- sustainability, green building, and renewable
- climate change mitigation and adaptation
- carbon markets
Through our degree program you will develop:
- an interdisciplinary understanding of the scientific, technical,
and socioeconomic aspects of climate change.
- an appreciation of the scientific basis of
climatic change and the strengths and weaknesses of policies, processes, and
tools involved in climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- practical experience in the development and
verification of greenhouse gas inventories and carbon offset projects
- professional knowledge of greenhouse gas
reporting standards and protocols and the implementation of International
Organization for Standardization practices in a professional setting
- real-world experience through a summer internship with industry experts
“The Master’s in Climate Science and Solutions provides a
rare, integrated combination of academic climate science and professional
management training for leaders of tomorrow’s low-carbon economy.” – Dan
Kalafadas, CEO, 3 Degrees Group, Inc.