Climate Science and Solutions 4+1 Program, Master’s of Science
Explore this unique, accelerated learning program for NAU students in SES
The School of Earth and Sustainability offers this program for students to earn a BS/BA plus an MS in Climate Science and Solutions in only five years! This accelerated Master’s program pairs with all SES undergraduate degrees:
- BS in Environmental Science
- BS or BA in Environmental & Sustainability Studies
- BS in Geology
Program information Accordion Open
The purpose of this integrated Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program is to provide outstanding students an opportunity to combine undergraduate work with graduate work, accelerating time to degree completion. Some unique aspects of this integrated program include:
- A minimum of 120 units are required for the Bachelor’s degree and 36 units for the master’s degree. Up to six units can apply to both degrees.
- You may not have a grade lower than a B in any classes that are credited toward both degrees.
- You must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 to retain your admission status into the integrated Bachelor’s/MS program; no more than one D is allowed in the CEFNS electives in your undergraduate degree.
Admission requirements Accordion Closed
Admission into the program requires a GPA of 3.25 cumulative and 3.5 in your SES major. Taking the GRE is not required.
How to apply Accordion Closed
Submit an application once you have:
- completed 60 semester hours with at least a 3.25 GPA, 24 hours of which were completed at NAU
- completed at least 12 hours of SESES classes with a GPA of 3.5 or greater (these hours are included in the 60 total hours required).
You must apply and be admitted to the integrated program before you take any of the credits that will be used for both degrees. You will maintain undergraduate status (for tuition and financial aid purposes) while taking graduated classes until you receive your BS degree.