Advance your career with a graduate degree from SES at NAU
Select one of our Master’s programs or the PhD program in Earth Sciences & Environmental Sustainability, or read about the application process. You can also browse current research projects available for students starting in 2020 here.
School of Earth & Sustainability graduate degrees available at NAU
Guidance for applying to NAU’s graduate school to pursue an advanced degrees in SES
First, if you plan to apply to a thesis-based program (ESP MS, GLG MS, and ESES PhD), get to know our faculty and review current opportunities for students. It is very important that you reach out to faculty members you would be interested in working with before you apply. Faculty expect to receive emails from prospective students and will be happy to hear from you about your specific interests. They can also tell you more about their research and if they have space available in their labs.
Second, entry into any SES Graduate Program requires an online application through the Graduate College. A completed application for admission will include:
- An online application for admission to the NAU Graduate College, with the required application fee;
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work;
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional supervisors (download the referee form from the online application);
- A statement of your interests and goals, and your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree;
- (For all thesis-based programs – ESP MS, GLG MS, and ESES PhD) names of the faculty advisor(s) you have been in contact with and would like to work with;
- Submission by the January 15 application deadline.