Graduate Student Resources
Handbooks Accordion Closed
Program of Study Form links Accordion Closed
Forms Accordion Closed
Defense scheduling Accordion Closed
- Contact the SES Grad Program Coordinator to verify that your desired defense time does not conflict with another SES defense.
- Work with SES Admin staff to schedule a room for your defense as far in advance as you are able to (rooms are in short supply).
- Create a pdf/file that can be emailed to the department and students that includes the following information:
- Date/day of defense
- Thesis committee chair and members
- Send announcement to: SES.Admin@nau.edu 7-10 days before your event, so it can be emailed out. INCLUDE THE TITLE of your defense IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL as well as the .pdf attachment. This will ensure that interested faculty and students hear about your project. Please cc your advisor and all committee members on the email.
- One week prior to your defense – print out and post fliers around SES (if you are not on campus to post fliers yourself, please work with the admin staff to ensure this gets completed