Welcome to the University Policy Library
Northern Arizona University has embarked on a comprehensive initiative to revise and refresh its system of university-level administrative policy development and administration. As University Policies are standardized in a common format and relocated here over time, this library will become the sole repository for all University Policy documents and related materials.
In contrast, Academic Policies that relate to the University’s pedagogical mission are part of the Academic Catalog.
University offices wishing to include a University Policy on their web pages must link to the policy’s landing page within this library. Duplicates of University Policy documents may not be posted on other NAU web pages.
A University Policy is an internal directive that:
- has broad application across campus
- extends provisions or sets behavioral expectations
- helps achieve compliance with applicable guidance
- mitigates institutional risk
- is administered by a Responsible Office
- is sponsored and overseen by a Responsible Executive
- is approved by the President.
If you would like to propose, develop, implement, update, revise, or withdraw a University Policy, please see the Process Menu for more information.
Unit-Level Policies applicable only at the division, college, office, program, or activity level are not housed within the University Policy Library.