School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems
The School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems (SICCS) integrates a range of educational programs and interdisciplinary research. Our programs integrate computational and data sciences with engineering, natural and social sciences, arts, and business. Our faculty and academic programs combine expertise in environmental and ecological informatics, health and bioinformatics, computer science, and electrical engineering.
We offer undergraduate and graduate programs in Informatics, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science. Our students are involved in a broad range of research and applied experiences. Explore our programs below!
The School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems encompasses several focus areas among different departments.
Our diverse faculty work closely with other university and regional researchers. This allows us to incorporate informatics and computing as an essential element of research and learning at NAU through collaborative research projects and joint course and degree program development.
Recent Publications in Science Magazine, Nature, and PNAS Accordion Closed
- Animals and the zoogeochemistry of the carbon cycle
- Hyperactive soil microbes might weaken the terrestrial carbon sink
- Ecosystem warming extends vegetation activity but heightens vulnerability to cold temperatures
- Widespread seasonal compensation effects of spring warming on northern plant productivity
- US cities can manage national hydrology and biodiversity using local infrastructure policy
- Plant acclimation to long-term high nitrogen deposition in an N-rich tropical forest
Selected Research Projects
Research Labs Accordion Open
Partners Accordion Closed
Our research is supported through collaborations with other university entities such as:
- Center for Bioengineering Innovation
- Center for Microbial Genetics and Genomics
- Center for Ecosystem Science and Society
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability
- Merriam-Powell Center for Environmental Research
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
Our regional research partners include:
Take a look at what’s currently happening in the world of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems.