Application process for the Master of Arts in Psychological Sciences program
Read more Accordion Closed
The application deadline to receive priority for funding for assistantships is February 1. However, we will review applications on a rolling basis until April 1. Applications will not be accepted after the April 1 deadline.
How to apply at NAU
The admission process for graduate students is handled by the NAU Graduate College. Please visit the NAU Graduate College website for more information about the admission process.
Academic requirements Accordion Closed
Please follow the link on the right to visit the NAU Course Catalog for more information on this program.
Elements to include in your online application Accordion Closed
- Complete the Northern Arizona University Graduate College application.
- Submit a statement of interest (500–700 words), discussing the following (with specific examples):
- Why you are interested in our graduate program in psychology
- Educational, research, and professional qualifications that highlight your fit with our faculty
- Career goals
- Level of independence as student
- Have your unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts sent to the Graduate College (if you are offered admission, NAU will require official transcripts):
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, Arizona 86011
- Take the GRE and have your verbal, analytical writing, and quantitative scores sent to:
Northern Arizona University – Department of Psychological Sciences (school code is 4006 and department code is 2001).
Supplementary materials Accordion Closed
Following review of your application materials, the department may request supplementary materials, such as writing samples, letters of recommendation from the referees indicated on your application. In addition, the department may request an interview via telephone or video conferencing (e.g., Skype).
More Information for Prospective Graduate Students
Faculty Accepting Students in FA19
Steven Barger, Ph.D.
Gregory Busath, Ph.D.
Ann Futterman Collier, Ph.D.
Meliksah Demir, Ph.D.
Natalia (Natasha) Dmitrieva, Ph.D.
Nora Dunbar, Ph.D.
Michelle Miller, Ph.D.
John Myers, Ph.D.
Laura Noll, Ph.D.
Ann Rumble, Ph.D.
Larry Stevens, Ph.D.
Sumner Sydeman, Ph.D.
Andy Walters, Ph.D.
Dan Weidler, Ph.D.
Chad Woodruff, Ph.D.