Applying for Honors housing
As an Honors student, your on campus residence hall will be the new Honors Residential College, with students who are also dedicated to the Honors community. In your residential community, you can expect to:
- Interact with faculty in a non-academic setting
- Build communities outside of the traditional class environment
- Carry a classroom discussion back to your residence hall room
- Make connections in your new academic and living environment
Complete the following steps to select a room in the Honors College:
- Accept offer of admission to NAU (pay enrollment deposit)
- Apply for housing in the housing portal
- Complete Priority Enrollment (PE)
- Once PE is complete, roommate search will open on the housing application (you will receive and email from University Housing with details) and you will be placed in the queue to receive a room selection time. Watch your NAU email for more information.
- Room selection – First-Year Honors students will select a room within the Honors College at their designated time for room selection. Room selection is determined by date of application and space availability, apply early!
- Students who select a room in a different Residential College before being admitted to the Honors College, will be contacted by University Housing to change their room selection to the Honors College based on date of application and space availability.