Applying for Honors housing
As an Honors student, your on-campus community will be the Honors College Campus Living Community, with students who are also dedicated to the Honors community. In your living community, you can expect to:
- Interact with faculty in a non-academic setting
- Build communities outside of the traditional class environment
- Carry a classroom discussion back to your residence hall room
- Make connections in your new academic and living environment
Complete the following steps to select a room in the Honors College:
- Accept offer of admission to NAU (pay enrollment deposit)*
- Be admitted to Honors College academic program here*
- Apply for housing in the housing portal. Watch your NAU email for communication from Campus Living regarding various steps in the housing process.
- First-year Honors students will either select a room or be placed in Honors College Campus Living Community.
- Individuals who apply for housing prior to the May 15 priority deadline may participate in room selection at their designated room selection time in the spring prior to their fall arrival. Room selection is determined by date of application and space availability. Apply early!
- Students who select a different space prior to being admitted to the Honors College program will be contacted by Campus living to update their room selection to a space within the Honors College Campus Living Community (dependent on date of application and space availability).
*can occur in either order.