Industry Advisory Board
The general purpose of the Advisory Board is to provide advice, guidance and support for the development of a high quality Construction Management Program at Northern Arizona University. The Advisory Board’s role is to advise the Program Coordinator, Program, and faculty and to help promote the Construction Management Program at NAU.
- Provide advice and counsel to the CM Program Coordinator and the CM faculty to help enhance construction education and prepare the students for successful careers in the construction industry.
- Develop an IAB strategic plan that can be used to guide the activities of the Industry Advisory Board.
- Assist the Department in acquiring the resources necessary to provide and maintain quality education by taking an active role in private fund-raising activities.
- Provide advice and oversight in the development and refinement of the program’s curriculum.
- Assist the faculty with the development of applied research opportunities that can be used to improve the construction profession and the construction industry.
- Provide meaningful corporate engagements and potential short-term employment to our faculty via internships and exchange.
- Support and help prepare students to participate in regional and national competitions through fundraising, coaching, mentorship, or education.
- Provide and facilitate internship opportunities for the students.
Our Current Standing Committees are the Finance Committee, Curriculum Committee, and the Outreach & Research Committee.
Industry Advisory Board meetings
The Advisory Board will normally meet once in the spring (April) and once in the fall (October) of each year on established dates by the Chairperson in consultation with the Program Coordinator. All committees will normally meet during the General Advisory Board meetings and on other dates as appropriate and necessary. The format of meetings will adhere to the published agenda. Any construction industry professional, community partner, NAU alumnus, faculty or staff, or other invited person may attend the board meetings as a guest, without voting rights. Please feel free to join us!