Studio Art, Minor
Career Tab Open
University Requirements Tab Closed
Overview Tab Closed
Details Tab Closed
Campus Availability Tab Closed
Career Accordion Open
What Can I Do with a Minor in Studio Art?
Develop your craft in small classes that guarantee close interaction with faculty. Our studio facilities provide all you'll need to make art-except your personal vision. Study the masters, explore critical scholarship, and create visual objects in a variety of media.
University Requirements Accordion Closed
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
Overview Accordion Closed
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
No more than 50% of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.
Details Accordion Closed
Take the following 24 units:
- ART 135, ART 136, ART 150, ART 151 (12 units)
- Any ARH course (3 units)
- Additional ART studio courses not listed above; check catalog listings for available ART courses (9 units)
- A minimum of 12 units of ART courses must be earned on the Flagstaff campus.
- PHO courses, ART 100, ART 101, ART 300 and ART 415 do not fulfill the requirements of the Studio Art minor.
- You must have completed all of the coursework used to fulfill these requirements within the last 10 years.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.