About the School of Art
A home for your artistic ambitions
The NAU School of Art celebrates creative, free-spirited individuals who express themselves through their art. If you want to pursue your passion for the arts, either creating or teaching, this is where you’ll find the mentorship, experience, and inspiration you seek.
We offer three undergraduate degrees and a minor. Many of our studio courses are also available as electives for Lumberjacks who are looking for a creative outlet to complement the rest of their studies.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: Studio Art (Ceramics, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture or New Media)
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Science in Art Education
Facilities made for artists
Because we’re a dedicated home for the arts, you’ll find everything you need to push your creative boundaries. Showcase your hard work in the Beasley Art Gallery, a professional space on the second floor of the Performing and Fine Arts Building. Fire your clay pieces in our Tozan wood-fired kiln—one of only three in the world. Experiment with all kinds of tools and techniques in our well-equipped studio spaces.
Collaborate with fellow creatives
You’ll find a number of clubs and professional organizations where you can meet up with other art students, including:
- National Art Education Association (NAU Student Chapter)
- Arizona Art Education Association
- American Society of Interior Designers
- Art History Society
- Art Student Association
- And more!