Honor, distinction, and community
If you’re an academically-motivated student, the Northern Arizona University
Honors Program will help you push academic boundaries. Surround yourself with a
strong community of engaged scholars for support and inspiration that use
civility, compassion, empathy, and humility to make our world a better and
Our rigorous, personalized program of study with honors-distinguished
coursework, will challenge your intellect and stimulate your love of learning.
Upon graduation you will receive special honors distinction on your diploma and
you gain a competitive edge early in your chosen career. These Honors highlights serve as proof of your diligence and drive--someone who stands out to future employers or top-notch graduate schools.
The benefits of the Honors community assist you with your transition to college life while helping to ensure your success:
- small, discussion-based seminar-style classes
- personalized mentoring from professors and advisers
- central campus location with classes, faculty, advisers, and program offices right in your residence hall
- extended library privileges
- one-on-one tutoring
- scholarship opportunities
- unique and enriching department events, lectures, workshops and activities
- early enrollment
The Honors community: get involved
Bonding with professors and classmates is part of the Honors experience. Lifelong connections with other Honors students form best when working and living together.
Western Regional Honors Council's Annual Conference 2013
Northern Arizona University Honors is the host for this year's WRHC Annual Conference in the High Country Conference Center.