ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS) software, products,
and services are available to Northern Arizona University through an Arizona tri-University site
license. This site license is managed at our university by a consortium of campus ArcGIS
- Software overviews can be found at ESRI's website.
- The Software, Data, and Related Materials
provided under this agreement can only be installed on NAU machines and can
only be used for teaching, research, and administrative purposes by NAU staff, faculty, and
students. Some restrictions apply to research and administrative purposes. "Use of the licensed products for profit or private gain shall
be an express violation of the terms..."
"Administrative Use" means use of the Software, Data, Web Services, or Documentation for activities, such as asset
mapping, facilities management, demographic analysis, routing, campus safety, and accessibility analysis that are
not directly related to instruction, education, or academic research.
Addendum, ESRI, June 5, 2009: "We have
added a clause to the site license agreement to permit faculty and staff to
install any software product included in the ESRI Site License on their
personally owned computer for use in education and research."
ESRI Site License Overview (PDF)
- To acquire software through this site license
please contact your local representative listed below. This individual is
responsible for software acquisition, installation, and inventory.
Northern Arizona University Local Representatives:
College of Engineering, Forestry, and Natural Sciences
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Information Technology Services
School of Forestry
W.A. Franke College of Business
- If you do not have a Local Representative, please
Technical problems with site license software?
Also, subscribe to our university's GIS-L list for local announcements
and communication. Subscribe by sending email to:
with a single line of text in the body of the message that
SUBSCRIBE GIS-L Your_first_name Your_last_name
Faculty and Staff resources
ESRI Higher Education List Server
Faculty and staff may install any software product included in the ESRI Site
License on their personally owned computer for use in instruction and research.
Northern Arizona University faculty, staff, and students have access to all Premium License Courses. Courses expire one year after acquisition.
To request subscription codes, contact
Steve.Andariese@nau.edu or Mark.Manone@nau.edu. These requests must come from a Northern Arizona University e-mail
address and include the exact name of the course in which you are interested.
Software, products, and services
- ArcGIS - includes standard ESRI extensions
- Tracking Analyst
- Data Interoperability (teaching and research only)
- ESRI Defense Mapping
- ESRI Aeronautical Solution
- ESRI Nautical Solution
- Business Analyst (teaching only)
- Business Analyst Online (teaching only)
- Community Analyst Online (teaching only)
- City Engine
- ArcGIS Online (teaching and research only)
- ArcPad (teaching and research only)
- ArcGIS Server Packages **
Other Products or Services
- Spatial Labs 2013
- Esri Data
- Any Software Documentation and Tutorials (40%
- Training at ESRI (40% off list)
- User Conference Registration (40% off list)
* Major NAU ArcGIS sites pay the annual fee to maintain
this site license. ArcGIS acquisition by other sites may require continued
contribution to the annual maintenance.
** As distributed under this license, may be
used to publish data if the primary purpose is data sharing and education.
Restrictions apply if service fees are charged.