Bachelor’s to master’s program
Get a bachelor’s and a master’s in Forestry in five years at NAU
If you’re an outstanding and highly motivated student, our Accelerated BSF to MF program can help you earn both degrees in forestry in five years—providing you with advanced training for a career in forest management while saving you time and money.
You are eligible to enter the BSF to MF program if:
- you are enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Forestry program
- your undergraduate GPA is 3.25 or greater
- your GPA is 3.5 or higher for at least 20 hours of FOR required courses, including FOR 313, FOR 314, 315, and 319
Program of study
You will use six hours of 400-level courses from the bachelor’s degree program to meet part of the elective requirement of the Master of Forestry. You will complete a minimum of 30 credit hours of coursework:
- three credit hours for a professional paper you will design with guidance from your major professor
- nine hours of required courses
- 8-9 hours of core courses in Forestry
- 15-16 hours of elective courses tailored to your personal interests
Applications should be submitted in the spring semester of your junior undergraduate year, after completion of FOR 313, 314, 315, and 319. Contact the School of Forestry Graduate Coordinator (ForestryGraduateCoordinator@nau.edu) for more information.