To help students find their passion and purpose through experience
To provide opportunities for students in all disciplines to enhance their education and become integrated into the NAU community by actively and successfully engaging in research, creative, and/or scholarly projects.
These activities will result in graduates who
- are able to use critical thinking skills and information analysis in their decision-making processes
- understand the nature of research, investigation, and original work
- are prepared to utilize their disciplinary inquiry skills in their communities and workplaces
- can successfully attend graduate and professional degree programs or establish careers in their disciplines
- Promote the inclusion of research, scholarly, creative, or inquiry projects as a required component of the curriculum in all Degree Programs.
- Expand the scope and impacts of the Office for Undergraduate Research & Creative Activity programs and activities to enhance undergraduate students’ academic and professional success
- Contribute to the development of students’ critical thinking, information literacy, creativity, quantitative reasoning, scientific reasoning, and effective communication skills throughout their academic careers
- Increase the visibility of NAU as a leader in opportunities for all undergraduates to engage in inquiry, research, scholarly, and creative work
- Develop a community of accomplished teacher-scholars to provide high quality mentoring support for undergraduates to have successful research experiences