Vision, Mission, & Goals
Office for Undergraduate Research & Creative Activity
Vision: To help students find their passion & purpose through experience
Mission: To provide opportunities for students in all disciplines to enhance their education and become integrated into the NAU community by actively and successfully engaging in research, creative, and/or scholarly projects.
These activities will result in graduates who
- are able to use critical thinking skills and information analysis in their decision-making processes
- understand the nature of research, investigation, and original work
- are prepared to utilize their disciplinary inquiry skills in their communities and workplaces
- can successfully attend graduate and professional degree programs or establish careers in their disciplines
- Promote the inclusion of research, scholarly, creative, or inquiry projects as a required component of the curriculum in all Degree Programs.
- Expand the scope and impacts of the Office for Undergraduate Research & Scholarship programs and activities to enhance undergraduate students’ academic and professional success
- Contribute to the development of students’ critical thinking, information literacy, creativity, quantitative reasoning, scientific reasoning, and effective communication skills throughout their academic careers
- Increase the visibility of NAU as a leader in opportunities for all undergraduates to engage in inquiry, research, scholarly, and creative work
- Develop a community of accomplished teacher-scholars to provide high quality mentoring support for undergraduates to have successful research experiences