I2S Faculty Information
A research, scholarly, or creative internship working with an undergraduate student is a great way mentor the next generation of students going into your field. Read the following for more information on requesting a funded position through the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity.
Deadline: Sunday, October 20
General Information Accordion Open
The I2S program aims to:
- Introduce students who have limited experience in research, scholarly, or creative activity
- Generate student interest in inquiry by promoting the acquisition and/or generation of disciplinary knowledge
- Facilitate the intern’s development of techniques and skills within a particular discipline
How are intern request proposals selected for funding?
- Can reasonably be completed by an eligible undergraduate in the time specified
- Represent a wide variety of disciplines,
- Will provide valuable research exposure to students within the college of the faculty mentor, and
- Are from faculty who have not previously had an I2S student.
Projects consisting primarily of routine tasks without a disciplinary educational component will not be funded under this program. It is not the intention of I2S to provide student workers as administrative, logistical, or instructional assistants.
Faculty should NOT name a specific student as the intern in the request; the intention of I2S is to help establish new student-faculty relationships.
Completing the request Accordion Closed
Requests will be taken starting: Monday, September 30, 2019
Deadline to submit your request: Sunday, October 20th at 11:59 pm
Requests for interns for Spring 2020 will not be accepted at any other time.
Please follow this link in order to view the request form. You will submit:
- your contact information and department
- Project title
- A short description of the project
- List of other funding sources
- Describe what the student will do and learn
- Additional benefits to the student
- Additional qualifications
After you apply Accordion Closed
After the request deadline has passed, we hope to let you know if your position has been funded within 3 weeks.