Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
As a benefit of the university’s enhanced institutional membership in the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR), our faculty, staff, and students are eligible to join at no cost.
Founded in 1978, the mission of the CUR is to support and promote high-quality, collaborative research and scholarship between undergraduates and faculty. The CUR believes that faculty members enhance their teaching and contribution to society with active research projects and by involving undergraduates in research.
Membership benefits of the CUR include:
- Access to the members only website. The website contains information such as funding resources, annotated bibliographies of key references on undergraduate research topics, webinar archives, advocacy, and much more.
- Access to CUR’s Undergraduate Researchers Registry. The registry facilitates matchmaking between undergraduates with research experience and graduate schools seeking high quality students.
- Access to the CUR mentor network. The mentor network matches individuals seeking information about undergraduate research programs with experienced, tenured CUR faculty mentors.
- An electronic subscription to CUR Quarterly, the highly-regarded journal focusing on topics related to undergraduate research. Access is also available to the CUR Quarterly Archives.
- A monthly subscription to CUR E-News, the electronic newsletter addressing current issues in undergraduate research. The newsletter includes topics such as government and policy news from headquarters, as well as updates on future programs and meetings. You may additionally subscribe to other newsletters such as This Week in Washington or Deadlines and Upcoming Events.
- Substantial discounts on CUR publications and registration to CUR events, such as the CUR Biennial Conference, the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) and other CUR Institutes.
Become a member
CUR is currently undergoing website updates and is unable to accept online membership applications under our enhanced institutional membership. To become a member, please email Janae Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org and asked to be added to the Northern Arizona University membership.