Percussion audition repertoire
Undergraduate audition requirements
Required Audition Areas
- Keyboard Percussion: Two solos on marimba, vibraphone, or xylophone. One selection should demonstrate 2-mallet proficiency while the other demonstrates 4-mallet ability using whichever grip / technique is most comfortable for the student.
- Snare Drum: A concert snare drum solo/etude is required. An additional solo in a rudimental style is optional.
- Prepare sight-reading skills on marimba and snare drum.
- Prepare all major scales (two octaves).
- Ask a lot of questions!
Choice Audition Areas (choose one or more)
- Timpani: An etude or solo for two, three, or four drums. Excerpts from the standard orchestral repertoire would also be acceptable.
- Multiple Percussion: An etude/solo on any combination of percussion instruments.
- Drum Set: A prepared solo and/or improvisation in a variety of styles.
- World Percussion Instruments: A prepared solo and/or improvisation in an area of your choice.
Abby Fisher, Percussion
Office: Building 37, Room 162