NAU offers multiple degree options for international students, including bachelor’s and master’s degrees, different campus locations, and varying sponsorship or exchange programs. Choose the path suited to your needs:
- If enrolling as a full-time undergraduate student, NAU offers over 130 bachelor’s degrees.
- Our Program in Intensive English (PIE) is suited for students wishing to learn English.
- Our exchange student program is for students wishing to spend one or two semesters at NAU. To enroll, your school must have a student exchange agreement with NAU.
- Sponsored students are sponsored by their home government to study at Northern Arizona University. The Center for International Education will work directly with sponsoring agencies to meet billing and other requirements.
- If you want to earn a degree or take classes online at a statewide NAU campus location, please note that immigration paperwork for F-1 and J-1 students will be issued only for the Flagstaff campus.
- NAU–Yuma in-person programs
- For students wishing to enroll part-time at NAU through our non-degree admissions, please note that no immigration paperwork will be issued.
- Explore NAU’s graduate degrees.
Undergraduate international student admissions:
- fall semester: apply by March 1 to begin classes in August
- spring semester: apply by September 15 to begin classes in January
Note: applications are accepted year-round, but your starting date will be determined by each semester’s application deadlines.